Friday, June 13, 2014

One More Time

There are so many beautiful moments in our lives and words to capture them all.....endless! They fall under my subtitle, entirely unexpected moments of joy! Tonight for the sake of getting to bed early, I wanted to leave you with one.....

Yesterday's group hug at Daddy's Shop
I do believe the clock said 6:22 a.m. this morning when you said, "Mommy, I'm going to go see where Daddy is!?!" Summer-time!?! What happened to sleeping in until past 9:30 a.m....this morning was not part of that routine.....and a nap...what nap...we just lounged around enjoying last minute packing, tickling, walking, reading, ironing, changing ear-rings (yes...another story)...and simply just enjoying..a uneventful Mexican dinner with Daddy, bath time, and an early bedtime....in your room, Daddy flew you through the air like an airplane and landed you on the mattress. You loved it----a game that's on repeat from a few days ago. "Daddy, one more time!?!" But there wasn't time...or was it that Daddy had worked all day...bedtime prayers and you settled in to read with Mommy. THEN, we heard footsteps down the hall and into your bedroom...Daddy stood and he said, "One More Time!" You were as surprised as ever. He scooped you up and you extended your long legs and torso as he flew you through the air like an airplane and plopped you on the bed in sheer delight! You hugged his neck and said, "Daddy, I love you!"

Spring's clean up in our yard but not without an emerging...
HEART for YOU (Mommy's Idea + Daddy's Work = LOVE)
There aren't many gifts in life as sweet as these unexpected moments of joy and as my heart swells with thanksgiving for this moment tonight, I pray with all my might that tomorrow's gift will be even sweeter for you little one.

I love you with all of my heart---and Daddy does too!

XOXOXO

(P.S. I do have a little video of you flying in Daddy's arms from one night this week! One day I'm going to save all of them somewhere for you or maybe I should add it to social media too...or create you an email to send all these keepsakes to.....documenting is endless too but know in our hearts we are storing all these precious memories of you and pray that your heart is flooding with love always!)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment