Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Daddy, I just wanted to let you know that Mommy is going to spend the entire summer telling me stories about you! I won't believe all of them but I might have a million questions to ask when I talk to you on the phone and when I see you again! I really, really wish you were coming with us (and even though Mommy won't say it out loud, she does too)!?! It gets harder and harder to leave behind all these fun moments with you-----and even the 'wait' times as we wait for you to arrive home. When I was one, I sported this tiny little flowery bikini by the sea and these pool waters on the island of Lefkada. I held your hands tight as I learned to walk----and although I've learned to walk now, I still want to hold on---to the very best of you.
I loved sitting on the swing with you when I was little! Although it's gone now, I know you'll recreate a place for the two of us to sit again when I return from Greece. I've learned your phone number now so you better believe I'll start calling you when evening rolls in---sometimes we'll have to water the lawn and flowers together. Other times, I'll just want to ask you a million questions and make you see what I see---the rainbows like those that I found on my pillows tonight. My tears were real tears as I thought about how much I was going to miss you. I had to blow and blow my nose to finally find comfort in my dreams. I'm hugging your neck every second and asking you to hold me! I'm looking for you. Although I can't find you, I know you're near---just like when we used to play hide and seek! I could sense you but I didn't know you were that close!
Every night before I go to bed in Greece, I promise to say a special prayer for you---you'll have to say your prayers too---that our lives will be one even across the seas. That the sunlight and moonlight---and all the hours in between will evoke memories of laughter and love that bind us together!
Although I know you'll be busy with work Daddy, don't forget "to watch Caroline like a chicken hawk"! She's bound to be into something the minute I'm gone. Don't let her get Marie Grace and Baby Litsa into trouble! I'll tell you all about Isabelle's trip when I return. She's the best dancer and I'm sure she'll make me twirl through summer and back into your sight in no time.

I know that time makes us forget about rings and fairy tales but don't forget that we are married Daddy. You are mine and I still love my purple wedding ring (although I'm not sure where it is)!?!
I love you like crazy Daddy. You support me in everything I do. You work hard so that I can enjoy gymnastics, tumble and cheer, tons of fruits and vegetables, steaks, outings with Mommy and you, toys, cartoons, preschool---although you know already that I'll be in Kindergarten next school year. I already know how to tie my shoes. Sometimes Mommy and you rush me but I do know how. I won't be here to help you pull your fuse so don't forget or just drive our truck and get yours fixed. Book us some work for the fall, I might co-op Kindergarten and just help you make a living FIXING things---"That's Me!" Thank you for letting me be your sidekick Daddy. I'm getting stronger and I'll help you. Mommy really wants you to spend more time with us on Sundays. We can go to church together and let life unravel. We can't really scheme around Mommy because she's always listening and watching but the more Sunday-Fun Days we have together, she'll soon figure out that she can't win!?! I love you, Daddy.

Again, don't let that Mommy fool you! She loves you and she'll miss you like crazy too! I'll "watch her like a chicken hawk" while we're in Greece. I'll make sure she has her coffee and I'll ask her a million questions and listen to all the stories she tells me about you....about us....she's a dreamer that Mommy but she counts the joy in our lives. She can't even keep up documenting Our Legacy but what really matters is that we invest in one another. Mommy is always thinking---about me...about you...about us as a family. She lets me be silly and aggravate her. Mommy teaches me so much. She's a giver---and a saver. I helped Mommy make her coffee today at Starbucks. It was FREE but your coffee mug wasn't!?! She puts you first like I do. In our family, I guess we all take turns having the spotlight but we really do like to shine it on you Daddy. We don't take for granted all your hard work for us. Thank you for giving so much of you! We cherish our time together and the memories that remain! Mommy thinks these little flipflops are going to wear out walking all over Greece! And if YOU think my muscles are toned now, you just won't believe your eyes in late July. I'm going to jump and climb all sorts of mountains. All the wildflowers that I pick will remind me of these that we stopped and picked for you today! When you see flowers out on the farm while you're working Daddy, pick them for us! Or at least let a smile play across your face.....let the memories of us loving you embrace you as you enjoy your coffee at home Daddy. I hope you like your new coffee mug. I won't be here to break your reading glasses when I come running to you in the afternoon but I know you'll enjoy reading and your quiet time while I'm away. Mommy propped the board I made you in the windowsill. It's our 'Stubborn Art'. You know the story but that's just one more reminder of me---I'm strong willed so you rest assured that I'll ask Mommy how many days until we go back home e.v.e.r.y.D.a.y. because I want to see D-Superman, YOU! Daddy, faster, faster.........I love all the silly things you do with me. I'll treasure them for always and forever because you're my dad.

P.S. You should have listened when I whispered to you over the phone today, "Daddy, when Mommy calls you to drive us to Greece, don't listen. Don't come home from the shop when she calls. Okay, Daddy!?!"

I know, you didn't hear me! That's okay, Daddy. I still love you. If I forget to tell you through the tears tomorrow, Happy Father's Day! I love you!

Happy Father's Day, Rusty!

You're Magical! 

You make our little girl's dreams come true.

For that I'm truly thankful..........

We love you!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment