Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Preschool Princess


A month has passed since preschool graduation….and although I’m eager for your new school adventures as you begin Kindergarten in August, I was caught off guard when you asked me today, “Mommy, are you ready for me to go to Kindergarten?” 
The first to walk off stage---to the TOP of your class, may you SOAR!
I find joy in all your little questions and endless “why” questions----and I love all that you are learning in our summer days together and although I’m not eager to give up my time with you each day, I welcome the new opportunities that Kindergarten will bestow upon you---and me. Today, you sat on the veranda (while we’re vacationing in Greece) with Mommy and worked in your journal without wanting to stop---writing, reading, adding, subtracting, rhyming words-----mini segments of what Kindergarten will have to offer you…along with your relationship with your teacher, school staff, friends, and more. Often, now that you are six, you remind me that I won’t have to miss you all day when you go to Kindergarten----that I’ll have afternoons with you. I look forward to all that we’ll share on those afternoons too. I can envision the ravenous little girl that I’ll pick up. I’ll feed you healthy foods and we’ll prep dinners together. We’ll talk about your day and count all the little joys that preschool sparked and that Kindergarten will reinstate---and we won’t forget that afternoons, weekends, and holidays---and vacations are ours to savor a little longer with time to enjoy learning together! 

Proud Mommy
And a hug around the neck---oh! how I love thee....
Kisses, kisses---we never parted at preschool without a million!
Proud Daddy
Sophia & Daddy

I love you little one! You’ve earned your Preschool Princess crown and made Mommy & Daddy proud of all that you have learned and continue to learn. Oh! The places you will go with new Kindergarten adventures this fall……

XOXOXO


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment